Sunday, August 3, 2008

...and it feels so good.

I finally feel like I'm home.

This weekend I went to Miami, OK to see Meghan Burrows (!!) and Zachary Paul Gibson. It was fantastic. I love the Gibson's. They all have so much personality.
Meg's reception was friday night. Everything looked beautiful. It was so totally Meghan and Brady; non-traditional, elegant, but carefree (at least for the guests- the family was running around crazy keepin things going).
Saturday was the family/awesome friends pool party. That was sweet. I ate two bites of ribs. They were... good? Yeah, I don't know what to think about that.
There were slides at the pool. We all went down this huge, steep one. I screamed the first time. We also jumped off the twisty slide. We went to the first curve in the slide that was about a foot away from the waters edge and we jumped off the side of it. It was sweet. It was really shallow though and I landed on my knees... I have a cut now.
Oh and we played disk golf (not frisbee golf, but disk golf). I sucked. Well, dangit, no I didn't. I kinda sucked the first time I threw it, but I got the hang of it. Brady and Austin were pretty kick A at it.
I jumped off the diving board at the pool, too. I did a front flip. It was pretty awesome. ...even though nobody saw and I really have no idea what it looked like. It felt awesome, though.

Yup. Good weekend at the Gibson's. I feel good about being home now.

Going to the single's ward at the branch helped, too. That branch is full of the most amazing people I've ever met. It's just a powerhouse!
I get sad when I leave Idaho, knowing I'm coming back to Leavenworth, but once I get into the swing of things here, I realize how awesome it is. It's a very good environment for me, one where I'm able to grow.

I realized how grateful I am for my family recently. They're solid as rocks.

Yup, that's all I'm gonna say about that. This weekend, again, kicked major A.

No comments: