Monday, June 23, 2008

Operation Domination

BEEP BEEP BEEP

My eyes shot open and began to dart around the room in bewilderment. What was that hellish noise drowning my thought process?

No sooner after I found the source my hand slammed down upon it ceasing the god-awful blare.
I stared at the alarm clock as a big 3 a.m. stared right back at me.

I was pissed. What the hell was going on? Why the hell was my alarm going off?

Then I remembered. Joy and excitement quickly filled my body leaving no room for the uncontrollable anger I’d felt seconds before.

I opened my bedroom door just in time to see Lindsey’s light turn on. We met in the hallway and proceeded to wake up the rest of Camden Six. Three Zombies, dressed in black, dazedly shuffled out of their rooms. We congregated in the bathroom and put mascara under our eyes. We then placed the finishing touch, matching camouflage hats, on our heads, and moved towards the kitchen.

We each grabbed about 6 bags of the trash we’d been saving for the past week and went out to Natalie’s car. Amy, Janiece and I, carrying the trash bags, began the long trek from Camden 6 to Shelborn South Tower. Lindsey and Natalie got into Natalie’s car, full of trash from Natalie’s family reunion, and drove it over to the Shelborn parking lot.

We all arrived at the same time and set the trash in a big pile. The light from 16’s living room window beamed down on us. I decided to take a risk. I crept up the stairs and found their door wide upon. No TV on, no one sleeping in the living, everything appeared to be clear. I came all the way up the stairs, grabbed the door handle, and slowly pulled it shut. All systems were a go.
I came back down the stairs and Camden Six was ready, trash bags in hand. One by one, we made our way up the stairs of south tower and handed the trash to Janiece as she strategically placed them in front of the door of Shelborn 16.

It was beautiful. We created a masterpiece.

There was about a foot between the top of the trash pile and the top of the door frame and there was about a foot from the pile of trash to the edge of the balcony. There was no doubt the trash would come falling in on the poor sucker who first opened the door in the morning.

Camden Six returned home with smiles on their faces and a new disposition about life. What a beautiful world we live in.

Operation Domination was a success.

No comments: